Wednesday Wisdom on Creativity

6:51 AM


Elizabeth Gilbert is one of my favorite authors. If you haven't read her books, then you're missing out. Seriously. Her witty humor and sincere insight that has gotten me through some of my darkest days. She's best known for writing Eat Pray Love but the quote above comes from her latest book called Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear.

Now I have to admit that I haven't actually read Big Magic yet. I did however see Gilbert speak recently on the topic of creativity. In her talk (and in her book), she encourages all of us embrace our curiosity and follow where it may lead in spite of the doubt and fears we have.

You don't have to be an artist or a writer to live creatively. Whether it's putting an outfit together that expresses your unique style or starting a fashion blog (*wink nudge*), Gilbert affirms that there are gems of creativity hidden and waiting to be uncovered inside each of us. So forget all the haters! Don't let the fear of failure or judgment hinder you from letting your creative gem shine.

Reflection: What creative project have you started or have been working on? Comment below and let us know!

0 comments